AT THIS TIME THE MAIN ENTRANCE DOOR IS LOCKED-
PLEASE CALL WHEN YOU ARRIVE AND WE WILL BUZZ YOU IN
PLEASE CONTINUE TO WEAR A MASK AND MAINTAIN SOCIAL DISTANCING
Who We Are
The International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) is a labor union which represents nearly 750,000 workers and retirees in the electrical industry in the United States, Canada, Panama, Guam and several Caribbean island nations; particularly electricians, or inside wiremen, in the construction industry and linemen and other employees of public utilities. The union also represents some workers in the computer, telecommunications, broadcasting, and other fields related to electrical work. It was founded in 1891 shortly after homes and businesses in the United States began receiving electricity. Its international president is Lonnie R. Stephenson. The IBEW is affiliated with the AFL-CIO.
To view referrals, book placement, bid on calls, and work history, change your address or phone number, click on the Member access tab at the top of the web page or click here
. Follow the instructions on the web page to sign in initially. Once on the site you will need to set up your personal password in order to view everything available. If you forget your password, call the hall, we can retrieve it for you You will be able to bid on jobs from 5:00 p.m. to 8:30 a.m.
the following morning. You can bid on calls by logging into the IBEW Local 176’s website and following the instructions for online bidding. You can also bid on calls by calling in by phone to the referral hotline and following the system prompts to access the voicemail system. Phones are shut down at 8:30am to retrieve bid information. You may also appear in person at the hall to submit your name from
7:30 a.m.-8:30 a.m. You will need to log in to see the available calls, or you can call the recorder to listen.Referral Hotline Number: (815) 744-0176
or (815) 744-0177
Notice to all members:
The following information is for your file. This will help you to summarize the different benefits available. Please check your agreement for the benefits that apply to you.
NECA-IBEW PENSION TRUST FUND (Decatur Plan) 5 year vesting. Early Retirement with reduction- age 55-59. Full benefits – age 60 Current contribution (paid by contractor) – Death benefit – Pre retirement -depends vesting status. Post retirement – depends on retirement election and/or time receiving pension.
IBEW PENSION – (International Pension) 20 year vesting – paid through dues – current retirement rate – $4.50 per month for each full year of continuous good standing as an “A” member (after 1997) $3.50 per month prior to 1997. Early retirement with reduction – age 62-64. Full benefits- age 65.
NEBF PENSION – (National Electrical Benefit Fund) – 5 year vesting – paid by contractor (3% of gross earnings) – current retirement rate $32.00 per month per year of credited service – Early Retirement with reduction – age 60 & 61. Full benefits – age 62.
ALL ABOVE IS GENERAL INFORMATION – INDIVIDUALS MAY HAVE VARIANCES
- UNION LABOR LIFE INSURANCE – $8500.00 life insurance – paid through dues $76.56 yearly (effective 1/1/07)
- IBEW PENSION BENEFIT FUND – (Death Benefit) $6250.00 normal death – this benefit changes to no less than $3000.00 if you have retired. $12500.00 accidental death
For questions please contact: Margaret at (815) 729-1240 for further information.
- NECA-IBEW LOCAL 176 PENSION PLAN – Local Pension – immediate vesting – Current contribution rate (paid by contractors) Eligible at age 55 without penalties
- NECA-IBEW LOCAL 176 HEALTH & WELFARE FUND – (Medical, dental, vision and MAP) Current contribution rate (paid by contractors)
- SUPPLEMENTAL UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS FUND – (SUB Fund) – Based on credits earned – Current contribution rate (paid by contractors)
- AMALGAMATED LIFE- Life Insurance $25,000.00 (2/1/15)
- AMALGAMATED LIFE – Accidental Death & Dismemberment Ins. $25,000.00 (2/1/15)
- NUMARK CREDIT UNION – Savings Trust Fund – Current contribution rate (deducted from wages)
For questions please contact: Nichole, (815) 729-2666 for further information.
Please remember to change beneficiaries with each office listed, this cannot be done automatically, it must be requested by you!