Become a NARI Member
Thank you for your interest in becoming a NARI Member.
Membership in the National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI) is an investment in your company’s success. NARI members are committed to integrity, high standards, a Code of Ethics, training, market recognition and increased profitability. Members enjoy benefits from business rebate programs, networking opportunities, continued education, award programs, consumer awareness and national advocacy efforts.
Learn more about the many benefits.
Use the ‘Find A Chapter’ search feature below, to find a NARI Chapter nearest you.
NARI Certified Lead Carpenters (CLC) are recognized as expert hands-on field professionals who oversee every on-site aspect of the project, such as personnel management, subcontractor management, scheduling, safety, administration, customer satisfaction, etc. while also working on the site.
The CLC Program addresses the fundamentals of in-the-field project management:
- Operational practices and procedures designed to maintain projects on time and on budget for increased profitability
- Personnel management for optimization of workflow
- Navigating building codes and communicating with code officials
- Interpersonal communication with clients and trade contractors
- Capabilities of the various trades required on the remodeling project and how to determine if the work is performed correctly
The National Association of the Remodeling Industry, or NARI, is the medium for business development, a platform for advocacy and the principal source for industry intelligence. NARI connects homeowners with its professional members and provides tips and tricks so that consumers have a positive remodeling experience with a professional, qualified remodeler.
NARI is an organization of high-quality remodeling professionals. Its members are committed to integrity, high standards, professional education, ethics and market recognition.
NARI’s roots go back to 1935 when President Roosevelt’s National Recovery Act established the beginnings of NERSICA (The North East Roofing, Siding and Insulation Contractors Association).
In 1956 President Eisenhower established Operation Home Improvement, a nationwide effort emphasizing the rehabilitation of existing housing rather than new construction. The National Home Improvement Council (N.H.I.C) emerged from this effort.
By the mid-1960s, NERSICA no longer reflected the membership of the growing industry and its name was changed to the National Remodelers Association (NRA).
In 1982, the National Remodelers Association and the National Home Improvement Council joined to establish the National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI). Today, NARI has many chapters nationwide and has members in 49 states. In 2000, NARI moved its national headquarters from Alexandria, Virginia, to Des Plaines, Illinois, and in the Winter of 2020 to Wheeling, IL.
NARI’s Core Purpose is to advance and promote the remodeling industry’s professionalism, product and vital public purpose.
The Achievement Awards provide a great opportunity to support fellow member volunteers and to recognize their support, dedication and passion for NARI.
Application information for the 2021 Achievement Awards can be found here(Opens in a new window).
- There are no fees to submit a nomination for any category of the Achievement Awards.
- All nominations should be submitted in PDF format and can be up to 30 pages.
- Video files, where allowed, are acceptable up to 3 minutes in length.
- Please note who is an eligible Nominee for each specific award.
- Deadline for submissions is December 23, 2020