PRESIDENT’S STRATEGIC FUND
President Framroze Virjee invites you to join an exceptional core of leadership donors who have made a commitment to support Cal State Fullerton in its mission to become a nationally renowned university. The President’s Strategic Fund allows for the immediate deployment of resources to support efforts such as strengthening high-impact practices for student engagement through learning communities, undergraduate research, service-learning and internships. The University invites you to help grow this outstanding fund that will help strengthen the educational mission of Cal State Fullerton and provide an enriched experience for our students. Donors to the fund receive an annual report of initiatives advanced during the academic year.
IT’S OUR UNIVERSITY
We recognize that faculty and staff’s commitment to our students is not one that takes weekends off. We know you think about how you can have impact on the success of our students every day of the year. And the impact of CSUF grows stronger with you behind it.
The It’s Our University campaign gives faculty, emeriti and staff the chance to make an even bigger impact. Join us today with a gift to your favorite department, program, college or to the Titan Fund.
MISSION AND GOALS
The mission of the Association is to build lifelong alumni relationships by:
- Contributing to a positive CSUF image
- Promoting university and alumni accomplishments
- Providing environments and opportunities for alumni engagement
- Encouraging educational, social and economic benefits for our student and alumni communities
- Advocating on behalf of the University to promote student success
Facts about CSUF and Titan alumni:
- Nearly 280,000 alumni
- More than 95,000 alumni live in Orange County, California
- Cal State Fullerton offers 110 degrees, with 54 of them at the graduate level
- The choice of the elephant as the university’s mascot, dubbed Tuffy Titan, dates to the early 1960s when the campus hosted “The First Intercollegiate Elephant Race in Human History.” The May 11 event attracted 10,000 spectators, 15 pachyderm entrants, a telegram from Richard M. Nixon and worldwide news coverage. Associated Press rated the story among the top 10 for 1962. Day of the Titan was born.
- The singular noun for a male graduate is “alumnus”; plural for male or coed graduate is “alumni.” Singular for a female graduate is “alumna”; plural for more than one female graduate is “alumnae.”
CSUF Alumni Association Student Scholarship
This student scholarship program was established by the Cal State Fullerton Alumni Association. Scholarship funds are raised through the generous support of our CSUF alumni and the proceeds raised through alumni programming. Scholarship funds awarded must be used in the upcoming academic year and may not be transferred to another school or program.
- Number of Scholarships: 10
- Amount per Scholarship: $2,500
This award is open to all incoming and continuing full-time undergraduate and graduate students who will be attending CSUF for the 2021-2022 academic year.
Recipients may not receive more than $5,000 in total scholarship money per year. Undergraduate recipients must carry at least 12 units per semester; graduate recipients must carry at least 9 units each semester. Recipients will be invited and encouraged to attend signature alumni events for the 2021-2022 year.
Applications will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Academic Achievement.
- Expressed Financial Need.
- Titan Pride.
- Community Involvement.
- Meet the minimum requirement of a 2.5 GPA.
- Include one (1) letter of reference.
- Must answer the question, “How will a CSUF education contribute to your goals?” within the scholarship application.
- Complete the university scholarship application: Log on to the campus portal and click on the scholarship button.
- Double check that you answered the question, “How will a CSUF education contribute to your goals?” within the application.
- Make sure that at least one letter of reference is attached.
- Deadline to apply: March 12, 2021.
- From the completed eligible applications, 24 students will be selected for interviews with members of the Alumni Association Board of Directors in April 2021.
Those selected as Alumni Association scholars are invited to participate in various events throughout the year. It is highly recommended that you attend as many of them as possible as they provide unique opportunities to connect with alumni. These may include:
- Spring Alumni Association Board meeting in May.
- Appreciation Night in August.
- Vision and Visionaries Banquet in February.